Wednesday, November 19, 2008

OCD

Sarah has been blogging about an OCD trait that she has and there have been a few replies about other various OCD traits.  Last night when I was watching TV I decided to have a snack.  I pulled a handful of crackers out of the box and arranged them before I ate them.  It occurred to me that whenever I eat crackers out of a box, I arrange them so that they are stacked up by size.  The whole crackers are at the bottom and the broken ones toward the top, with the smallest broken pieces being at the very top of the pile.  Then I eat them in order, starting with the smallest and working my way down the little pile until nothing is left but whole crackers.  I can’t eat them any other way.  And if partway through my snack I decide to add more crackers, I have to insert them where their size would put them, meaning whole ones to the bottom and the broken ones arranged by size with the existing pile. 

 

And yes, I did feel this was normal till Samara pointed out that it was not.  J 

 

Anyone else have any OCD traits?  I suppose the only other one I have is that at my desk my stapler and tape dispenser have to be perfectly aligned.  Okay, EVERYTHING on my desk needs to be perfectly aligned. 

 

Love you!

 

Mom

 

1 comment:

MJ said...

I wouldn't know...

Happy (late) birthday! And we'll be there on Sunday.