Saturday, December 17, 2011

My heart is breaking for her...

I knew it would happen.  I knew that she would love "her" kids and that being with them would enrich her.  But with love comes the vulnerability that opens us up to pain and now that Bridget is due to come home, she has had to say goodbye to her students and it hurts.  Part of me is miserable because I can't relieve her pain.  But I know that there's nothing I can do.  And would I change anything if I could?  The only way to prevent the pain of loss is to never love anyone or anything.  That's no way to live.

God bless you, Bridget.  May you get over the pain of separation soon and be left with the sweet memories of your beautiful, sweet students who love you and will always remember the young woman who gave them her heart.

No comments: