Friday, October 31, 2008

My baby...

Wow, my youngest has her driver’s license.  I’m not quite sure how I feel about that.  On one hand, I’m proud of her and happy for her too.  She got her license younger than any of her siblings, I believe.  But on the other hand, everything she does is a “last” for me.  I don’t think I’m going to cope well with empty nest syndrome.  I may have horrified Dad because I told him a week ago that if I hadn’t had a hysterectomy I would have another baby right now.   

 

On the lighter side, today is Halloween and I dressed up for work.  I came as a UAL mechanic, since I’m the office assistant for that department.  The real mechanics loaned me all the stuff I needed: a mechanic uniform, a tool belt (with tools, but dang that thing really pulls down your jeans when it’s loaded up like that.  No wonder mechanics have plumbers’ cracks!), a flashlight, a hardhat, and a key ring with a couple dozen keys on.  One of the other employees said I was the prettiest mechanic we had, which may not be a huge compliment when you see our mechanics, a bunch of testosterone-dripping middle aged men.  One of the other employees said that when he first saw me he thought I was a real mechanic.  I’m not so sure I’m happy about that, see description of our mechanics above…

 

Susie

 

 

7 comments:

TheWizard said...

Dear - at the risk of getting razzed for saying so, regarding "see above", you ARE prettier than any testosterone dripping middle age men... way prettier... way, way prettier.

Susie said...

Awww... You silver tongued devil.

I love you.

Susie

Carolyn said...

um... I got my license within a month or so of turning 16...

Berserk said...

When I was in construction, I attached my tool belt to some industrial-grade suspenders rather than to my pants. There is no excuse for plumber's crack.

Shinobi said...

I don't recall ever having a problem with my tool belt, and I'd usually have it pretty full of wrenches and pliers and whatever else I needed.

Susie said...

I actually think it added to the whole "mechanic persona." That vision of me hitching up my pants every few steps. It jingled the tool belt just so...

Love you!

Mom

Samara said...

psh, a month or two from your license is different from 4 months, Carebear.