Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A few random things...

1. Those of you living in the Denver area need to go to Cafe Rio (located at 610 S. Colorado Blvd) to do your civic duty and make sure that place not only survives but THRIVES so that they will open up many more Cafe Rios in the area, and hopefully one further north so we don't have to drive so darn far to eat there. Seriously, the food is that good. They make their own tortillas there, and once you eat one you will never be satisfied with anyone else's tortillas again. Yummy.

2. If you have never heard anything by Jim Gaffigan (comic) you should listen to him. I watched a video with Sharon M. called "King Baby" and it was hilarious. The man can talk for fifteen minutes about bacon, and it's a scream. I thought of Michael and Jason the entire time. (You two are also hilarious.) Anyway, find something by him and watch him.

3. I actually slept last night WITHOUT a decongestant. And I breathed through my nose. I am so happy.

4. I am always amazed that the weather seems to know when February is over and all of a sudden we have days where the temperature gets up to 50 degrees. It seems to happen every year. We're supposed to get several more days like this for the rest of the week.


5 comments:

Berserk said...

I don't usually have occasion to go to Denver to eat, but I'll have to give that place a try sometime. Usually, for Mexican, we just go to Armadillo or Los Nogales.

Susie said...

Jason, come for the salad. You won't leave hungry.

Carolyn said...

yeah it's not really mexican... nothing like Los Nogales. Erik says it's "tex mex, with a capital TEX and a lowercase mex"

It's really good though. :)

Berserk said...

Capital TEX, lower case mex. Heh.

I was wondering what kind of a Mexican restaurant would feature the salad...

Susie said...

But really, you go there for the TORTILLAS....