Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Upcoming visit, another rejection, and new gadget on my blog.

Okay, on Friday my brother Gary will be here for a week-long visit.  I am excited about that.  He has never been here.  Carolyn and Erik will be here too (though Erik will only be here for a couple of days).  It will be fun to have a full house and for Gary to have a chance to get to know us for a while.  It's been hard on him, getting by since Vicki died.  They were together all the time and he is very lonely without her.  I hope that he has a good time getting together with his nieces and nephews and also his great niece and nephews.

I got another "thanks, but no thanks" from a job that I had put in for.  Gary (Oviatt this time) asked me if I was relieved or disappointed and I said both.  I really don't want a full time job, but I have to have five contacts a week to continue to receive unemployment benefits.  Even so, every rejection feels kind of personal, like there's something wrong with me or with my skills.  I would rather not get an interview than get one and then get the "you're not good enough for us" letter.  I am grateful for the unemployment money, but part of me will be relieved when it is exhausted because then I can stop putting in for these obligatory contacts and just do what I want to do.  Then I can just stay at home and if the perfect job becomes available, I'll put in for that and that alone. And if the Lord wants me somewhere, He'll clear the way for me to land there.  Until then, though, I put in my five contacts a week and endure the interviews, getting my ego smashed to smitherines when I am told that I am not what they are looking for.  :::sigh:::

Oh, and that new gadget on my blog?  It's over to the right, it's called "Susie's pictures."  I figured out how to do that all by myself.  I have added little pictures that I have received by email, from my phone, and on facebook.  Of course, there are a gazillion other pictures that I like but don't actually have handy.  But at least I have a few of my favorites here.  There is another gadget that I want to add, and Gary is going to help me one of these first days.  I want to add a tab or a new page or whatever that is actually nothing but recipes so that I can put in all those good things I cook that never made it into the ward cookbook because I found them AFTER the cookbook was published.  I might also add the best of what actually WAS put in the cookbook because a lot of what got put in there was put in wrong.  (stupid cookbook.)  Anyway, that way instead of trying to remember when I posted that lentil soup recipe, for instance, it'll just be searchable.

Fun plans for my blog.  :)

2 comments:

Berserk said...

I don't know if I've met your brother or not, so if I did then it was quite a while ago. Should be fun.

Susie said...

Well, you have but you were just a little kid then. (We lived in California then.)