Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Another finished baby afghan...

Okay, so at last count I had seven baby blankets to do.  I have the green and peach one done, the white grany square with the red rose buds done, both pictured in previous posts, and the Disney baby quilt done, and now this one:

I don't know if you can tell or not, but those are little baseballs and footballs around the edges.  This one is for a boy baby.

My goal is to make these seven baby blankets out of the yarn I currently have on hand, we'll see if I can get that done.  I hope so, it'd be nice to make a dent in my stockpile.  But even if I end up buying a little bit, it's been fun and kind of challenging to come up with patterns that use up the little bits and pieces I have available.  Most of these (okay, so far ALL of them) are patterns that I've created out of my own head or combinations of various patterns that I've seen and thought would look better changed up a little bit.  And all of them (except the little Disney babies quilt) are small enough to use in a car seat or swing, because really no one seems to use big blankets anymore, they seem to want more portable sized blankets.

Fun.  :)

No comments: