Thursday, June 28, 2012

Another one bites the dust

Gary and I went to Utah this last weekend to see our youngest grandbaby, Isaac, on his first birthday.  Just one short year ago, Carolyn, Bridget, and I made that same drive over and arrived in time to see him come into the world (and I got to cut the cord!) so it seemed fitting that Gary and I make the drive one year later.  Besides, Bridget had flown over the day before and she HAD to be home in time for class on Monday, and flights looked "iffy" so we needed to have a car over there so we knew she'd have a way back.  I gave her my seat so she could ride with Gary, and I flew back Tuesday in time for work (but wow, the work day is LONG when you get up at 4 a.m. to get to the airport in time for a flight that gets you to work for your whole day...)

Anyway, since I was in the car for the whole drive over, I got another baby blanket done.  This one is mostly white with little flower shaped holes and a rainbow border.  It can be for either a boy or a girl.  So that makes um... five?  (I should go count them.)  So anyway, I also started the next one, which I should be able to finish in the next few days.  I told Carolyn she could choose which one would be for Cassie, and I figured I'd give the quilt to Audrey Marshall (since she crochets she probably already has an afghan or two for her baby) but I'm not sure who will get which of the remaining ones yet.

I need to get busy on the others...


No comments: