Saturday, July 14, 2012

I think I'm becoming addicted.

I have two more of the blankets finished and come to think of it, I only needed one more.  Plus I've already started another one, but that's okay because I've found out about another woman at work who is 20 weeks pregnant.  (Someone had to tell me.  She does NOT look pregnant.  I don't know why other women don't even look pregnant when they're halfway through. By that time people were always thinking I was ready to pop...)

Anyway, the green one that was supposed to have ladybugs ended up NOT having them because Bridget observed something about it:  The yarn and design are too delicate for the ltitle appliques that I made.  The ladybugs would have totally overpowered the blanket and although it would have still been okay, it is actually a pretty little blanket, and the ladybugs need to go on a cute blanket.  That will make sense to some of the people who read this, but not everyone.  Here it is, folded in quarter.  The edge of this one is all lacy and pretty, added a lot of visual interest, I think.

Anyway, the other one that I just finished today is another one of those bubble ones, this time mostly blue with a little bit of "soft white" added in.  When I started making it, I made it WAY too small, so I had to add a lot more border to it, but that's okay because I think it turned out kinda cute that way.  This one should be nice and warm.

And all is not lost as far as the ladybugs go.  I have some little squares in light green and off white that I'm going to put together in some sort of pattern and attach the ladybugs.   It's a heavier yarn and a "cuter" look as opposed to pretty.  A better fit, thanks Bridget!

At work I've been accepted into a study for type 2 diabetics, something about, "What works better to help maintain blood sugar control, education or exercise?"  Duh...   Anyway, the group I got put on is the "exercise" group, so I get to use the gym at the university for five months.  Yay!  Plus five or six weekends they will put me on a study diet, which is not that great but at least it means someone else will cook for me for three days each time.  I've done that before for a different study, and although the food isn't wonderful, it's edible and it's certainly easy.  Gary doesn't mind either, because it measn he gets to eat whatever he wants that weekend too.  (Boxed macaroni and cheese, pickled beets, all kinds of nasty stuff.)

And on a totally unrelated note, why is it that I can be dozing off in front of the TV all evening, but when it's time to actually go to BED I am wide awake and I could stay awake till 3 a.m. with no problems whatsoever?  Do we ever outgrow that "oh goodie, I can stay up as late as I want to!" mentality?

That's all I've got to say about that.

2 comments:

Shinobi said...

Dad does like some pretty weird stuff

Berserk said...

The study sounds cool. Especially since you're in the exercise group.