Sunday, July 1, 2012

Getting ready for the 4th, and finishing another baby afghan

So I'm working on Monday so I can get an extra day off while the Utah families are in town.  I already have the 4th of July off, but since no one will have arrived yet, it'll be nice to take my regular day off on a day other than Monday and use it when we can all be together.

The girls (Melissa, Andrea, Carolyn, Audrey, Bridget, and I) are going to Taco Bell on Tuesday so I have no idea what the men folk will eat.  Hopefully something disgusting so I can feel all justified.  :)  (Like I need justification...)  Tradition says we should have a cookout for the 4th, but it's supposed to be almost 100 degrees all week and that just doesn't sound fun to me.  I would rather have monster deli sandwiches that everyone can build for themselves with a nice platter of fresh fruit and some chips.  That actually sounds really good to me.  Especially if I can find some nice ripe avocados.

Also, I have finished another baby blanket.  I think that's six done and at least one more to go, maybe two but I'd have to find that list of all the pregnant women I know that I'd like to give them to.  This one is really thick and warm, perfectly sized to tuck around a baby in a car seat.  And since there's  alot of pink in it it's obviously for a girl.

1 comment:

Samara said...

Well, turns out we did a barbecue anyway. haha. Your dinner idea sounded lovely though, we should still do that.