Monday, August 13, 2012

Baby blankets

Two more finished blankets and I am almost through all of the yarn that I have in my closet.  Well, at least almost through all of the bits and pieces of it.  I still have a few skeins of white and other things that I'll actually use when I make wedding gifts and that kind of thing, but these are the leftovers that have been given to me and have been left from various projects and have been too good to throw away, but not big enough for a full sized blanket.  And I've looked and haven't ever really found anything for "scrap" blankets that I've ever thought looked nice, that have ever looked like anything other than what they were, a way to get rid of scraps.  Somehow it didn't seem right to put that much effort into making something that looked like it was made of junk.  :)  Anyway, I've been happy with the results of all this, and I think it's been nice to "gift" people I know with all these little blankets.

Bridget asked me what I was going to do once all the yarn was used up, since I would now be known as the lady who gives baby blankets, and once it's gone when people have babies, what am I going to do, pat them on the head and say "congratulations, too bad I used up all my yarn..."  Heh.. I might have to keep my eyes peeled for yard sale type yarn.  Yikes, what am I thinking?  :)

Little pink and white afghan, for the Cleverlys
Full view, this one only took a day and a half.
This is oneof those bubble ones, green bubbles on one side, white on the other
Full size shot of the bubble ones.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I enjoyed reading your post and I imagine my new born placed in this blanket. Thanks much for sharing it!

Carolyn said...

I love the little rose one!