Saturday, August 4, 2012

Ladybug blanket

I just wanted to post a picture of this little ladybug blanket before I forgot to do it.  It's been fun to make, and even though it was cute enough without them, adding the little family of ladybugs in the corner makes it adorable, to me.  :)  Plus it's using up some more of the stockpile of bits and pieces of yarn, too small of amounts to do anything full sized, but just the right amount sto do small baby blankets.  This little blanket is just right for tucking around baby in a carseat.

This blanket is kind of a light sage green and off white, the ladybugs are black and red.  They look really nice on the green and white background.  They're just a little pop of color.  It was a little bit of a pain to make because there were something like 150 or so little squares that had to be put together, but it was worth it.

Plus I've learned how to add captions to the pictures in my blog.  :)
Ladybug baby blanket

closeup of ladybug family

3 comments:

Lorna said...

How darling!

Lorna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susie said...

I'm glad you like it. :)