Thursday, April 14, 2011

A stupid thing to be sad about...

Okay, this may be low on the totem pole of things to be upset about, but my favorite soap opera, "All My Children," has been cancelled.  I'm sad about that.  I used to go to "Super Soap weekend" with my sister every year, till that event was cancelled.  I even got kissed by Michael E. Knight (on the MOUTH!) seven (yes SEVEN) times.  I saw Susan Lucci in person, and she is really, really tiny.  Plus she looks even younger in person than she does on the show, no where near 63.

I actually got to be an "extra" on an episode once, too.  A "groupie" in a concert scene.  The funny thing was that there were all these paid extras who were dressed the part, and I just happened to be in the right place at the right time, and I ended up on camera while the paid extras did not.  :)

So the soap that airs right afterwards, One Life to Live, is also cancelled.  I have watched that one on and off too, but my favorite was All My Children, which I started watching back when I was in college.  It will air its final episode in September.  It'll be replace by some stupid cooking show called "the chew."  I won't be watching.

3 comments:

Terrianne said...

That is so too bad, Susie. I started watching "All My Children" with my mom one summer when I was around ten years old. In middle school, I would call her from school to see what happened. If we were out shopping, we'd go to the electronics section of a store to watch, and we were not the only ones there.

I don't think it's stupid that you are sad.

Scooter said...

NOOOOO!!!!! That makes me sad too! Though I was done with Erica- they did every story line possible with that woman...

How much do you think it would cost to get all 100 years of that show on DVD lol?

Carolyn said...

That is crazy! I can't believe it won't be on anymore. That show was iconic.