Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Welcome to the Christmas edition of "Getting to know your friends." Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy (not forward) this entire email and paste into a new e-mail that you can send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you......Tis the Season to be NICE!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags, they’re so much easier. And we re-use them as much as possible.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I like the real ones better, but using an artificial one is more economical over the long haul. And the next one I get will be pre-lit.
3. When do you put up the tree? Late November or early December
4. When do you take the tree down? First week of January if I can get help.
5. Do you like eggnog? I never liked it till I couldn’t have it due to a milk allergy. Now I want it. J
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A big kid bike, with blocks on the pedals.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
8. Easiest person to buy for? Newly married kids, cuz they need everything.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? If I do anything, it’s an email update. But I only do that now and again.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I’ve never been a fan of getting those meat logs for gifts. I don’t like them.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Miracle on
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Probably January.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
16. Lights on the tree? Of course. Hopefully next year it’ll be a pre-lit tree.
17. Favorite Christmas song? What child is this
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, Blitzen, Rudolph.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I have a star that Audrey brought me from
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning, after stockings which are in my room full of good things to eat.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Kosi radio has already started playing “all Christmas music, all the time.” I prefer a mixture.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like to have gold ribbon, red poinsettias, red balls, and then Disney ornaments.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I like to do prime rib, normally, but beef doesn’t always agree with me. We might have to do turkey this year.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I kind of want a Wii, but a GPS would be nice too because I hate getting lost, Or a new bread machine would be good since ours will probably not last much longer.
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? I hate this question…
27. Who is least likely to respond to this? I hate this question too.
Sarah has been blogging about an OCD trait that she has and there have been a few replies about other various OCD traits. Last night when I was watching TV I decided to have a snack. I pulled a handful of crackers out of the box and arranged them before I ate them. It occurred to me that whenever I eat crackers out of a box, I arrange them so that they are stacked up by size. The whole crackers are at the bottom and the broken ones toward the top, with the smallest broken pieces being at the very top of the pile. Then I eat them in order, starting with the smallest and working my way down the little pile until nothing is left but whole crackers. I can’t eat them any other way. And if partway through my snack I decide to add more crackers, I have to insert them where their size would put them, meaning whole ones to the bottom and the broken ones arranged by size with the existing pile.
And yes, I did feel this was normal till Samara pointed out that it was not. J
Anyone else have any OCD traits? I suppose the only other one I have is that at my desk my stapler and tape dispenser have to be perfectly aligned. Okay, EVERYTHING on my desk needs to be perfectly aligned.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
Wow, my youngest has her driver’s license. I’m not quite sure how I feel about that. On one hand, I’m proud of her and happy for her too. She got her license younger than any of her siblings, I believe. But on the other hand, everything she does is a “last” for me. I don’t think I’m going to cope well with empty nest syndrome. I may have horrified Dad because I told him a week ago that if I hadn’t had a hysterectomy I would have another baby right now.
On the lighter side, today is Halloween and I dressed up for work. I came as a UAL mechanic, since I’m the office assistant for that department. The real mechanics loaned me all the stuff I needed: a mechanic uniform, a tool belt (with tools, but dang that thing really pulls down your jeans when it’s loaded up like that. No wonder mechanics have plumbers’ cracks!), a flashlight, a hardhat, and a key ring with a couple dozen keys on. One of the other employees said I was the prettiest mechanic we had, which may not be a huge compliment when you see our mechanics, a bunch of testosterone-dripping middle aged men. One of the other employees said that when he first saw me he thought I was a real mechanic. I’m not so sure I’m happy about that, see description of our mechanics above…
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Place an X by all the things you've done and remove the X from the ones you have not. Answer the 30 questions at the end.
(X) Gone on a blind date
( ) Skipped school
( ) Watched someone die
( ) Been to
(X) Been to
(X) Been to
(X) Been lost (many times.)
(X) Been on the opposite side of the country
(X) Gone to
(X) Swam in the ocean
(X) Cried your self to sleep
( ) Played cops and robbers
(X) Recently colored with crayons
( ) Sang Karaoke/Tried
(X) Paid for a meal with coins only
(X) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't
(X) Made prank phone calls
( ) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose
(X) Caught a snowflake on your tongue
( ) Danced in the rain
( ) Written a letter to Santa Claus
( ) Been kissed under the mistletoe
( ) Watched the sunrise with someone you care about
(X) Blown bubbles
(X) Gone ice-skating
(X) Been skinny dipping outdoors
(X) Gone to the movies
1. Any nickname:
2. Mother's name: Hellyn
3. Favorite drink? Water, but not tap water or spring water.
4. Any Tattoo's? No
5. Body piercing's? yes, ears
6. Do U love your job? Yes
7. Ever seen or been in a tornado? No
8. Favorite vacation spot? Walt Disney World
9. Ever been to
10. Ever eaten cookies for dinner? yes
11. Been on TV? Yes
12. Ever stole a traffic sign? No, but I moved a Big Boy statue…
13. Ever been in a car accident? No
14. Drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle? 4 door
15. Favorite salad dressing? Bleu Cheese (mom’s recipe)
16. Favorite Pie? Peach
17. Favorite number? 18
18. Favorite movie? My Fair Lady
19. Favorite holiday? Thanksgiving or Christmas
20. Favorite dessert? Shortbread cookie
21. Favorite food? Corn
22. Favorite day of the week? Friday
23. Favorite brand of body wash? Amazing Grace by Philosphy
24. Favorite Toothpaste? Colgate
25. Favorite smell? Amazing Grace
26. What do you do to relax? Watch TV and crochet
27. How do you see yourself in 10 years? Retired and living half the year in CO and half in FL.
28. How many siblings do you have? 5
30. Who will respond to this the fastest? Audrey
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Two names you go by:
2) Susie Q
Two things you're wearing now:
1) Mickey earrings (From Jason and Andrea)
2) Mickey necklace (from Gary)
Two things you would like to do again:
1) Go to Walt Disney World
2) Have one more baby (alas, tis not to be… but I keep dreaming I am.)
Two things you want very badly at the moment.
1) To go to Walt Disney World with Audrey
2) Kiss Gary
Two people who will fill this out & return it:
2) Audrey, if I’m lucky
Two things you did yesterday:
1) Folded Laundry
2) Got caught up on my soap, AMC
Two things you ate yesterday
1) Kiwi Fruit
Two people you last talked to:
Two things you're doing tomorrow:
1) Listening to a book on CD on the way to work
2) Working out, I hope
Two favorite holidays:
Two favorite beverages:
1) Crystal Lite
2) Dasani water
Two people no longer alive that you'd like to talk to:
2) Dad O
Sunday, September 7, 2008
So the Wizard has already posted about the adventures of his CPAP machine. I spent most of our first day of vacation by myself, because he was busy chasing down a hose and a mask so he could get some sleep. (Okay, he got a little bit of sleep but not much because every time he started snoring, I had to wake him up, and he only got to sleep a few moments before he would start snoring. So neither of us got any rest.) Anyway, it's a good thing I made him drop me off at the park, because if I'd spent those seven hours in the hotel room, I wouldn't have been very nice about it.
The next day (yesterday) we went to Animal Kingdom, which I love, and then spent the next five hours in the Magic Kingdom. It really was a blast, but we were both exhausted. Today we went to church and then afterwards we went to Epcot, which is the Wizard's favorite. (There really aren't any bad Disney parks in Florida.) We had dinner in the Japanese restaurant and it was really nice. Unfortunately, it didn't agree with me so let's just say it didn't last as long as it should. Oh, well. I felt much better afterwards.
All I can think about this whole trip is how AWESOME it will be to have the whole family visit the mouse in January of 2010. The Wizard and I counted three times, and it looks like there will be 19 of us there. That means if we all eat at the Japanese restaurant, we'll need THREE of those tables with the big hibachi grill in the middle. That's nearly the whole room. (There are four of those tables in each room.) The poor, gentle Japanese staff won't know what hit them, huh? Anyway, chime in on whether or not you're wanting to go with us on this trip, because it'd be fun to know who and how many are trying to come.
Tomorrow will be our day at Disney Studios. It's my favorite park, I can hardly wait. My two favorite rides are Tower of Terror and Rockin' Roller coaster. The Wizard will ride Tower of Terror with me, but he draws the line at joining me in what he calls my masochism, riding Rockin' Roller coater. But he said he'd at least go through the line with me and then use the "last chance to bail" door before the ride actually starts. We'll also watch "Four for a dollar" as many times as we can, since it's the main reason we came at this time.
Today the Wizard did something very romantic. He saw me gazing at some necklaces near the Germany pavilion, and after we had dinner we walked past them again. He said, "You keep coming back to this one," and pointed to a silver chain with a pendant on it. The pendant is three circles, graduating from smallest (about 1/2 inch) to largest (about an inch.) Inside each circle is a little Mickey icon, the large circle head with two smaller circle ears. The circles and the icons are all Swarovski crystals. It's really pretty, and very Disney. And now it's mine, the Wizard bought it and said, "Happy anniversary." He is so cute. :) After that we went back to Future World Showcase and rode "Soarin" again. Then we left to go back to the hotel. On the way home we stopped at a souvenir shop to get a couple of things to take home to Colorado with us. And now it's time for me to hit the hay so we can get a (somewhat) early start on tomorrow.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Okay, I’ve been MEANING to start a blog for quite a while now. I think it’s been great the way all the kids have gotten to know each other better as adults through blogging and I hate to be left out. I have no idea how often this will be updated, but at least I have finally started.
Dad and I are hoping to go to visit the mouse this weekend. The pre-show for Beauty and the Beast (called “Four for a dollar”) are singing their last acapella oldie on Sept. 20, and I want to see them one more time before they go. I don’t know what will replace them, hopefully something just as good. I’ll miss them, they’ve always been great entertainment. We should be back Tuesday morning in time to go to work.
Other than that, nothing I can think of to say…